Betty’s Crustless Quiche
From Jeff’s Mother
Recipe: Crustless Quiche
Summary: Easy versital quiche that makes its own crust.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons chives or parsley chopped
- 3/4 cup (approximate) chopped vegetables
- Optional – Chopped ham or bacon or shrimp
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the milk and oil.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder.
- Gently mix in the other ingredients.
- Generously grease your quiche pan with oil or butter.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- You can add a sprinkle of bacon, cheese or veg on top for decoration. You can sprinkle paprika on top too. (Optional ideas.)
- Bake until set, about 30 minutes.
Don’t over do the amount of vegetables in the filling.
Do oil the pan generously as this makes the crust.
Do get creative! Use the vegetables you enjoy and the cheese that you think would work best with those veggies. Choose spices, sauces and condiments to add zip and zing.
Asparagus and brie
Mushroom and Gruyere or Swiss cheese.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Number of servings: 4