Spicy Zucchini Quiche
Recipe: El Quicho, Crustless Quiche Variation
Summary: Zucchini Quiche with Mexican type seasonings
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup taco sauce or salsa see note below
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup corn meal (Polenta)
- 1/4 plus 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese
- 1/ 2 cup Sliced Zucchini
- 1/2 Capsicum chopped
- Chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons frozen or fresh corn
- a few slices of tomato
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Beat eggs.
- Mix in milk, oil, garlic, spices and salsa.
- Sift in flour, corn meal, and baking powder.
- Stir in all vegetables and cheese.
- Use oil or butter to grease quiche pan
- Dust pan with a little corn meal.
- Pour Quiche mixture into pan.
- Place a few tomato slices on top for decoration.
- Bake until set about 30 minutes.
I use The Ramirez Red Salsa. It tastes amazing and is easy to make.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Southwestern)